Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Rollout Cookies
6 1/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1 cup dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons good quality vanilla
3 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons buttermilk or sour cream
- In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In mixer using paddle attachment, cream butter, sour cream (or buttermilk), vanilla and sugars on medium speed for 7-9 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Add in flour mixture one cup at a time until well incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half to make two balls. Wrap each in plastic wrap and flatten. Chill dough in the fridge for about an hour.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, unwrap and place on a piece of parchment paper. Place two wooden dowels on both sides of your dough and another sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Roll out your dough and cut desired shapes.
- Place cut out shapes on a greased cookie sheet and put in the freezer for about ten minutes.
- Bake cookies at 325 degrees until edges are just slightly crisp, about 13-15 minutes.
- Take cookies out of the oven and allow them to cool for five minutes on the pan. Scoop off the pan and put them on cooling racks. When the cookies are cool decorate as desired and DEVOUR!
**slightly modified from this recipe.